UpdatedFriday September 27, 2019 byThe Registrar.
- Please use our website http://RTGirlsHoops.org often and for everything. It will be updated with schedules, scores, standings and information about the events around the league. It will be the source for all information on the season.
- If you would like to be a Team Parent, you can register yourself when you register your child to play. It is not a big commitment, but it is a very important job to the program.
- Your Draft Time will last around 15 minutes. Your daughter will be free to leave after she has completed her evaluation in the gym. All players will be drafted onto a team by a coaching staff selection process which ensures that teams are evenly matched. Teams are not formed prior to the Draft process. Players are not assigned by school or with friends. The Draft process is Final. There will be no team assignment changes after the Draft has been completed.
- You will be contacted by your coach within a couple of days after the Draft.
- Preseason Practices will begin immediately after your Division Draft in October. Your coach will inform you of your practice schedule when you are contacted with your team assignment.
- You will receive our Annual Cheesecake Fundraiser package at the Draft. And while this fundraiser is completely voluntary and no one is required to purchase anything, we ask each family to buy/sell at least one item to help support the program. Pickup day for your orders will be the 1st or 2nd Saturday in December. All info on the Fundraiser will be posted on our website. And there are great prizes for the highest sellers:
- The Team that sells the most wins $50 towards a Pizza Party!!!
- The Player that is the Highest Individual Seller wins a Hoodie with her Name Embroidered!!!
- The League Rules and Bylaws can be found on our website.
- Team Shirts will be distributed by your Team Mom and/or Coach in late November, before the season starts…there are no additional costs for Team Shirts.
- All players must wear the Rockaway Black shorts purchased from our program for $15. They are required for all games. You can purchase them at your Division Draft. Players can wear any shorts to practices.
- All Players, Coaches and Parents must sign and hand in a Code of Conduct Form. All Players must have a completed Medical Release Form in the hands of your coach at all times. Please download both forms from our website and give them to your Coach at your first practice. Players who fail to comply will not be allowed to participate in games. So, please make sure you hand in the forms.
- Game play will begin the week after Thanksgiving. There will be preseason practices up until then.
- Throughout the season, we will ask for volunteers to help out at certain events. We usually will not ask for more than 2 hours of your time. If you see an email asking for volunteers, please step up at least once during the season. If we all pitch in, we’ll have the best Girls Basketball Program ever!
- There are 3 Division Tournaments this season with tentative dates as follows:
- Rookie (3rd & 4th) – ~2nd or 3rd Saturday of January (date subject to gym availability)
- Junior (5th & 6th) – December or January (date subject to gym availability)
- Senior (7th & 8th) – typically the 1st or 2nd Saturday in December (dates/times dependent upon gym availability)
These Tournaments do not count against the regular season standings, but are used as learning and fun time for the girls.